The bulk upload spreadsheet is a great way to get organized before beginning your mapping project.
Start off by:
- Organize all the categories you would like to include in your sidebar.
- Add all categories via the CMS. All categories need to be added to the map prior to the bulk upload process.
- Proceed to the using the bulk upload spreadsheet to add the locations associated with each category.
Required to complete upload:
- Title - The title of the location to be displayed.
- Category - Locations must have at least one category to associate the location with named in the category column. The category can be a main index/parent category or subcategory.
- If the location should be associated with more than one category, enter all categories or subcategories in the same column separated by a horizontal rule symbol "|".
- If the subcategory shares a name with another category/subcategory you can still successfully upload to that specific subcategory by naming the parent category first followed by a carrot symbol ">" then the subcategory name.
- If the category is uniquely named, then no carrots are needed.
- Location - Enter the Latitude and Longitude (comma separated) or the exact address of the location. Latitude and Longitude are recommended for best results.
Optional (but highly recommended):
The following line items are optional inside the bulk upload spreadsheet. That being said, we highly recommend adding in as much detail as possible. This leaves less work inside the CMS after the bulk upload is complete.
- Description - This will be displayed in the location description field on the front end and inside the CMS. Add in as much information and detail as possible. Everything within the description box is searchable within the map for the end-user.
You may use HTML tags, within the description text to properly format the text. This is helpful if adding hyperlinks to your descriptions.
<a href="URL" target="_blank">TEXT</a>
The text that you put in “TEXT” will appear as a hyperlink to the URL after the upload. Here is an example:
<a href="https://concept3d.com/" target="_blank">Visit Us!</a>
This will upload in your location as: Visit Us!
- Keywords - Keywords are used on the map front end to help a location return in search results. Enter any search terms you want the location to be associated with, comma-separated. Misspellings, building numbers, etc are encouraged.
- Image - Enter URLs of images you want to be added to the location. They must be HTTPS. Use <alt + enter> to link to additional images. Alt Tag Description can (optionally) be included in HTML tags. But they are not required.
- Video - Enter Youtube or Vimeo URLs you want to be added to the location. Use <alt + enter> to link to additional videos. Private videos will not be accepted.
Nice to Have:
Reference - If the location has a unique reference ID associated with it, enter it here. This is commonly used for clients with 3rd party integrations. Reference ID cannot lead with "0"
Visible - Enter "1" for YES and "0" for NO.
Private - Enter "1" for YES and "0" for NO.
If Implementing a Data Feed:
Feed URL - If you are using the feed embed feature for this location, enter the URL to the HTML content here.
Rate - Enter the Refresh Rate for the content from the Feed URL to be updated. This should be listed in seconds.
If Implementing Interiors:
Level - Enter the level the floor location should be on.
The bulk upload spreadsheet should be used to get your team organized and on the same page about what content will be added to the map CMS. Please reach out to your Client Success Manager prior to uploading the first time or with any questions.
*Important - Import CSV file first to test for any errors in the spreadsheet. If clear, click the commit checkbox and import. Once the import is complete, you will see all of your items under the publish tab. Select all and publish them to your map.