Categories are used to organize the map sidebar and group locations together. Sub-categories can be used to break information down further for users.
How to Create a New Category
1. Once logged into the CMS, scroll to the bottom of the side bar and click on the blue button titled New Category.
2. Fill out all the content, below is an explanation of each field:
- Title: Name of category to display in the sidebar.
- Marker Icon: The icon that appears on the map for locations in this category.
- List Icon: The icon that appears next to this category in the sidebar.
- Access a library of icons here.
- Category: Choose whether to have this category in the Main Index or to be a subcategory.
- List Position: Adjust the hierarchy in which the categories are listed. Sidebar hierarchy will default to alphabetical order if not adjusted.
- List Type: Select All to display all locations under the category in the sidebar when expanded. Select None to make the category non-expandable - locations will still display on the map.
- Checkbox: This allows you to remove the checkbox from a category. If the checkbox setting is set to FALSE, the category cannot be turned on or off by front end users. Subcategories are not effected by the parent category's setting.
- Location Display Option: This will override the global setting for that category only. All subcategories and categories need to be set individually to override the global setting. Choose to default to the global setting, display information in the sidebar or balloon, or if no information for that location choose No Info.
- Zoom Visibility: Set location markers within the category to display only on certain zoom levels.
- Single Select: Allow only one subcategory to be selected at a time under the parent category.
- Panorama Category: Only applies to those with 360 panoramas on the map.
- Hidden From Sidebar: Category will not display in the sidebar, but locations under this category remain searchable on the front end of the map.
- Default Display: Have the category automatically selected upon first load of the map and when the home button is clicked.
- Private: Category only visible on the front end of the map with a custom URL.
- Category View: Set the map view and zoom for when the category is toggled on.
- Schedule: Select a date/time range for the category to display on the front end of the map.
- Marker Zoom: Set the zoom level for all locations under the category when they are selected on the map.
- Visible:This makes the category invisible on the front end of the map.
- Searchable: Choose whether to return locations in the category within search results.
- Feed Type: Leave as No unless specified by Client Success Manager.
- Fallback Data: Locations in the category without custom description will display the content added here on the front end of the map.
- Labels: Tag the category for bulk editing.
3. Save and publish once all the content is entered!