September 20, 2020
Notable Bug Fixes
- Unable to zoom out with location open on Google tile maps
- KML files do not load on C3DGL maps
- Using Share URL for Location Open is broken
- KML locations causes Google tile maps to crash
August 11, 2022
Prevent Map Tours from Updating Non-Tour Location Coordinates
Map Tours can have both “tour-specific locations” (i.e. those created just for the tour) and “map locations” (i.e. those in categories but also used in tours). Previously, however, “map locations” could be updated in two places: the Map Tour, or in the location itself. This caused discrepancies with where the location actually was.
This user experience is now accounted for. CMS users trying to move a “map location” stop in a Map Tour won’t be able to now. If they try to move the stop, an error notification will let them know to update the location via the location itself.
The new notification will appear in the sidebar when a CMS user tries to move a “map location” stop.
Print Map Updates for Higher Quality Outputs
360° Map clients love the ability to generate Print Maps from different views, but there were some quality issues loading the correct texture level of detail. This release included some changes to ensure Print Map generates the highest quality Print Map available for 360º Map clients. This will allow higher quality for all Print Maps with a new Resolution option on Print Maps as well!
Additionally, clients can now generate just imagery assets of the map and renderings, using a new Map Imagery Only print map option.
360° Print Maps now can display 3D Models in excellent detail.
Print Map users can select a resolution size, which will determine how much detail the 3D Models will have.
Print Map users can now generate just imagery assets.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Map Tour markers are not clickable
- Location markers disappearing on refresh in Chrome
- Incorrect alternative text for images
- Share URL doesn’t show locations on the map
August 2, 2022 Map Release Notes
Dynamic Labels for Interactive Maps
C3DGL maps now have access to Dynamic Labels for beta testing. Once fully released the goal is for clients to be able to update labels on-demand, dramatically reducing the amount of time it takes for updates and fixes for labels.
These labels will…
- Dynamically adjust based on how zoomed in a map visitor is
- Group together the further the visitor zooms out
- Use any applicable category settings (e.g. zoom visibility)
- Remain aligned and readable even as visitors spin their map view around 3D models in 360° Maps
Some notes about this initial release:
- Dynamic Labels is launching with just C3DGL today. Support on Google tiles is being actively looked into.
- Dynamic Labels will only appear in front-end Interactive Maps. Map Managers in the CMS will still see general location markers.
- Dynamic Labels will have only one style available with this first beta release.
Notable Bug Fixes
- CMS top bar buttons stuck with white text
- Location revisions not reverting to last published when parent category is deleted
- Can’t open polygon locations on Android
July 18, 2022 Map Release Notes Release Notes
Dynamic Categories Updates: Ordered and Numbered Markers Support
A release of exciting updates to dynamic categories to better support class schedule use cases. Users can now:
- Use numbered icons instead of generic star icons
- Order the markers in the sidebar alphabetically
- Order the numbers in the sidebar based on how they are entered in the URL
Various Bug Fixes