May 13 & June 5, 2020 : Map Release
Ability to disable orientation in MapboxGL maps
- Description: MapboxGL maps allow users to change the view in multiple dimensions through tilt and rotation of the map. The new “Multiple Orientations” setting in the CMS allows clients to enable and disable these actions. This setting will only display for MapboxGL maps. If disabled, the map will not be spinnable and the new tile and rotation buttons will not display on the right-side map controls.
The new orientations setting in the CMS that disables tilt and rotate controls on MapboxGL maps.
Update MapboxGL styles to enlarge street name text
- Description: Street names were really small on MapboxGL maps, so the text styling for MapboxGL maps have been enlarged.
Previous and new MapboxGL text styling (left to right, respectively).
Accessible 404 Page
- Description: If a user goes to a map ID that does not exist (for example, https://map.concept3d.com?id=)
, they will receive a 404 page. The information on this page, including images, is now accessible to screen readers.
The 404 page a user sees when they attempt to view a map that doesn’t exist.
Various Bug Fixes
June 16, 2020 : Map Release
Add Estimated Walk Time to Wayfinding
- Description: Interactive Map users will now see an estimated walk time alongside the distance of their Wayfinding route. This feature aims to give users a better understanding of how long their Wayfinding route is. It currently only supports walking directions (not wheelchair) and defaults to 3mph, which is the average walking speed of a general population. CMS users will be able to edit the average walking speed used to calculate this time under the Options tab in their CMS.
The new estimated walk time displays in the Wayfinding module for Interactive Map users.
The new Wayfinding Walking Speed field under the Options tab in the CMS.
Update Localist Feeds to support wider date range of events
- Description: The events date range has been widened so that more events can be accepted via Localist.
Various Bug Fixes
Article is closed for comments.