Dynamic Labels are the text layer that will display on top of your base map tiles and renderings. Through the content management system (CMS) you can manage your Dynamic Labels.
These labels will…
- Group together the further the visitor zooms out
- Use any applicable category settings (e.g. zoom visibility)
- Remain aligned and readable even as visitors spin the map view around 3D models in 360° Maps
Creating a Dynamic Label
- Create a new Category. In this example we will call it "Zoomed out Labels".
- Change the "Dynamic Label" setting to "yes" and set the Zoom Visibility.
- Publish your new category.
- Create a location pin and put it in the newly created category.
- Publish your location.
Editing Dynamic Labels in the CMS
- Locate the location pin associated with the label and click the edit button. You may have to toggle on the 'Labels' category.
- Update the Title
- You can also change the zoom level visibility in the parent category of the location.
- You can find the different zoom levels using the zoom slider
Some notes about these labels:
- At this time, labels will only display on C3DGL maps. Google Map clients will need to continue to use imagery-based labels.
- Dynamic Labels will only appear in front-end Interactive Maps. Map Managers in the CMS will still see general location markers.
- Dynamic Labels will have only one style available with this first beta release. The current font is: Open Sans Bold
How BULK UPLOAD Dynamic Labels
- Make a copy of the bulk upload template, specifically the ‘Labels’ tab.
- Fill out the spreadsheet with the following information
- Title - this is the text label that will display above the base map tiles and renderings
- Location - the location the text label will display on the map (lat/long). Make sure the format for latitude and longitude is 39.364092,-108.063930 and do not include any degree symbols, decimals, etc.
- Category - since each label will be its own location, all locations should live under a “building labels” layer
- Level - for interiors only, include the floor level the interior label will be located on
Note: In the CMS, labels will look like standard locations with markers. On front end maps, the dynamic labels will display as non-clickable text.
- Default to one label layer
- Visible on zoom 16 & above
- Make the category non-searchable