July 7-8 : Map Release
Ability to Clear Search
- Interactive Map users can now quickly and easily clear their search terms. Previously, the close button was unclear and users thought it would clear their search bar. Now, there’s an additional “Clear” button in the search bar itself to ensure users know what action they are about to take.
The clear button will appear when the search bar has text inputted.
New Permission: Route Builder
- Admins now have access to a new permission they can add in Roles in the CMS: access to Route Builder. “Routes” will simply enable or disable users with the role from accessing Route Builder in the CMS.
The new “Routes” setting enables users to access Route Builder.
Front End Map Only User Permission
- The Front End permissions in the CMS only applies to users on maps with front end authentication. These users previously still had access to the CMS if they knew where to login. This has been enhanced to ensure users with the “Front End” permission can ONLY login to the front end map.
Ability to Set Location Open to an External URL
- Location Markers have always opened more details about a location, but now they can open to an external URL as well. CMS users can either create or edit locations with a new Location Open option that sets what clicking on the Marker will do. If the “external URL” option is chosen, users will then be able to input a URL (using HTTPS) and set if they want the URL to open in the same or new window. Coming soon… the ability to open load a different map view when selecting a marker (like top bar buttons) as well!
CMS users are now able to decide if they want to a marker to open up the Location details page or link to an external URL.
Google Analytics for Location Media
- Google Analytics has been tracking when Interactive Maps users open the media gallery of a location, but it hasn’t been tracking important information such as the location of the media is displayed in or what type of media users are looking at. There are two updates to Google Analytics to address this:
- The “Explore Media Gallery” Event Action will now also track the location name as the Event Label.
- Event Action called “Image Loaded”, “Video Loaded”, or “Pano Loaded” will track which type of media was viewed in the gallery.
Various Feed Updates
Various Bug Fixes