Feed embed is a tool that allows clients to use a URL that returns data in HTML to dynamically
append content from another source to a location within our map.
- The client can do this themselves without any help from the Concept3D development
- The URL that links to the HTML content is added to a CMS field on the location edit page
- When the location is opened on the front end map, the content will pull directly from that
HTML content on demand
- Content loads below the description in a location (so both content from the HTML and
content from the CMS location description can be displayed).
- Information can be refreshed at a specific interval - there is a “refresh rate” field with
refresh options from 1 second to 5 minutes.
- We sanitize the HTML - meaning we pass through HTML that we have deemed “safe”
URL and HTML Requirements:
- URL must be secure (HTTPS)
- No password - needs to be publicly accessible content
- The client must provide styles in the HTML, styles added in the CMS will not impact the
- The styles must be Inline styles. This does not support CSS
- The server returning the HTML must support CORs requests
- One URL per location: If a client wants to use multiple data sources, they must aggregate
that data on their end and provide a single URL with content
- One “timer” at a time (refresh rate)
- Not searchable data: Because this data is added dynamically, it will not be searchable
This is an additional cost to access or included if you have a feed package. If interested in accessing this feature, contact your Client Success Manager for more information!
Please sign in to leave a comment.