Through the content management system (CMS) you can manage your dynamic labels. This is the text layer that will display on top of your base map tiles and renderings.
These labels will…
- Dynamically adjust based on how zoomed in a map visitor is
- Group together the further the visitor zooms out
- Use any applicable category settings (e.g. zoom visibility)
- Remain aligned and readable even as visitors spin the map view around 3D models in 360° Maps
Some notes about these labels:
- At this time, labels will only display on C3DGL maps. Google Map clients will need to continue to use imagery-based labels.
- Dynamic Labels will only appear in front-end Interactive Maps. Map Managers in the CMS will still see general location markers.
- Dynamic Labels will have only one style available with this first beta release. The current font is: Open Sans Bold
How to set up dynamic labels:
- Make a copy of the bulk upload template, specifically the ‘Labels’ tab.
- Fill out the spreadsheet with the following information
- Title - this is the text label that will display above the base map tiles and renderings
- Location - the location the text label will display on the map (lat/long). Make sure the format for latitude and longitude is 39.364092,-108.063930 and do not include any degree symbols, decimals, etc.
- Category - since each label will be its own location, all locations should live under a “building labels” layer
- Level - for interiors only, include the floor level the interior label will be located on
- Make sure the ‘Building Labels’ category is created and published within the CMS.
- Log in to the CMS and select the Bulk Upload tab
- Select the Import CSV File button
- Choose the template file you created to import. DO NOT toggle the commit check box yet. First, see if there are any errors in the data prior to publishing it to the system.
- Should any errors appear, they will be displayed on the left sidebar. The errors will be specific and call out which row was the issue or if there is a missing required heading. A common error would be not including the lat/long. Continue to adjust any errors and re-upload.
- Once all errors have been resolved, toggle the Commit checkbox and upload the final spreadsheet.
- The new content will now be in the publish tab. Publish the new locations to have them appear on the front end of the map.
Note: In the CMS, labels will look like standard locations with markers. On front end maps, the dynamic labels will display as non-clickable text.
- Default to one label layer
- Visible on zoom 16 & above
- Make the category non-searchable
Article is closed for comments.