Below are the implementation steps for clients who provide their own SSL certificate to Concept3D. Interested in other options? Review the CNAME SSL Certification Options help article.
- Client creates and provides a properly-formatted set of certificate files to Concept3D via a secure file transfer method. Avoid transferring certificate files via email, Slack or other insecure methods.
- Concept3D uploads the certificate to AWS Certificate Manager.
- Once the certificate is uploaded, Concept3D updates our Frontend and AWS configuration and releases the changes to our production environment. A URL is provided back to the client.
- Client receives the URL and completes DNS CNAME setup for their subdomain.
- Note, the provided URL is to a specific Concept3D load balancer - selecting the URL does not load your map directly, and there is no need to be concerned. Once the setup is complete the CNAME URL will direct to your map!
- CNAME implementation is now live.
Concept3D monitors certificate status and may notify customers of upcoming expiration dates but this is a manual process. Providing updated customer-issued certificates remains the client's responsibility and Concept3D is not responsible for any downtime or other issues caused by allowing certificates to expire. Updated certificates can be provided at any time to Concept3D and are typically uploaded within 1-3 business days. Please provide updated certificates within 3 business days of expiration to avoid any downtime.