Below are the implementation steps for clients who allow Concept3D to request a SSL certificate for a CNAME on their behalf, and validate that request via DNS. Interested in other options? Review the CNAME SSL Certification Options help article.
- Concept3D requests a new certificate through AWS using the DNS validation method. This creates a DNS Record Name/Value pair (saved as a .csv file).
- Concept3D provides the DNS Record Name/Value pair to the client. They have 72 hours to add it to their DNS. This will complete the validation process.
- Once the certificate is uploaded, Concept3D updates our Frontend and AWS configuration and releases the changes to our production environment. A URL is provided back to the client.
- Client receives the URL and completes DNS CNAME setup for their subdomain.
- Note, the provided URL is to a specific Concept3D load balancer - selecting the URL does not load your map directly, and there is no need to be concerned. Once the setup is complete the CNAME URL will direct to your map!
- CNAME implementation is now live.
Article is closed for comments.