Share is a button available on both the Front End of the map and within the CMS that captures the current view on the screen and generates a URL to share that specific view. It captures zoom level, markers/categories displayed, and the map center.
Everything that can be seen in that view of the map should display when the URL is shared unless it is marked as Visible - No in the CMS or if Schedule is set to hide the location or category in the CMS during a certain time frame.
How to Access Share in the CMS
1. Log into the CMS.
2. Check various categories and locations on/off to display, if desired. If you would like the sidebar to automatically be drilled down into a category, expand the category in your sidebar.
3. Position the map with center view and zoom.
4. In the upper right corner, click the Share button. A bar will slide out with a URL, Copy Link and Embed Map buttons.
5. The Copy Link button will copy the URL and this link, if shared, will pull up the exact map view on the front end.
6. The Embed Map button will automatically open the sidebar into the Embed tab. There are a few options to embed this specific view of the map -
- Embed Code: Use this code to embed the specific view into a webpage.
- Link Code: Use this code to create an external link to your map with a custom title.
- Options: Use the hash options to modify the embed and link codes to include or hide functionality.
How to Share on the Front End
1. Check various categories and locations on/off to display, if desired.
2. Position the map with center view and zoom.
3. In the upper right corner, click the Share button.
4. The link is now copied and you can share this custom view of the map!
Article is closed for comments.