User Roles allow map administrators to assign detailed permissions to other Content Management System (CMS) users.
1. Access User Role settings after logging into the CMS, click the Account button in the top right hand corner of your map.
2. On the Account page, click the blue Roles tab.
3. Along the left hand side of the page, there is a section titled Add Role.
4. Once you select your map ID, a long list of permissions will drop down. Add a title to this role and select the permissions allowed.
5. Once permissions are selected, click Save Role and the new role will be added to the Role List on the right side of the page. If you already have users created, don't forget to go back and modify the associated roles for those users.
User Role Definitions
|Access/Edit Wayfinding Routes in the CMS
|Create new categories.
|Confine Permissions By Category
|This role allows limit user access to only edit specific categories. The Categories must be created first. If selected, be sure to select specific categories to edit in the sub-list. Edit Location permissions must still be selected.
|Delete categories. (Requires the ability to edit in order to use)
|Edit a category
|Create a new location to the map
|Manage Users & Roles
|Allowed to manage users & roles on the map
|Delete a location (Requires the ability to edit a location.)
|Edit a location on the map
|Access Print Map from the CMS
|Edit options, styles, extensions, embed the map, view and export location data
|Add virtual tours
|Confine Permissions By Tour
|This role allows limit user access to only edit specific Tours. The Tours must be created first. If selected, be sure to select specific tours to edit in the sub-list. Edit Tour Stop permissions must still be selected.
|Delete virtual tours (Requires the ability to edit virtual tours)
|Edit all virtual tours
|Allowed to Add and Edit Localist Feeds into Map