Eventbrite is a popular event management and online ticketing service. Localist is able to connect with EventBrite to automatically import your organization's Eventbrite account. Localist's communication with Eventbrite is only Eventbrite -> Localist.
Platform Admin (Feed Setup) + Event Admin (Connecting to Events)
Eventbrite Import Data
Localist will connect directly to Eventbrite through your admin dashboard for set up.
- Ticket URL
Importing an Eventbrite Feed
In the Admin Dashboard, navigate to Events > FeedsOn this page you will see all live feeds. To create a new feed, select +Add Feed in the top right corner.
Enter a Name and Select Eventbrite From the DropdownThe Name should be a general description easily recognizable by other admins. Then, just follow the prompts until you are brought back to Localist and save changes! Please see below for an example of the Eventbrite prompt. HEADS UP: If you need to change the URL in the future, ensure that the content remains exactly the same at the source to avoid losing or duplicating events.
Apply additional settings
- Skip Pending Queue: Events will go live directly to the platform at each import
- Overwrite Schedule: If the date changes at the source, it will replace the current schedule in Localist.
- If checked: Event A on Oct 1 is imported —> Upon next import Event A is now listed for Oct 2 and Oct 1 is no longer present in the feed —> The live event in Localist is updated from Oct 1 to Oct 2
- If not checked: Event A on Oct 1 is imported —> Upon next import Event A is now listed for Oct 2 and Oct 1 is no longer present in the feed —> The live event in Localist is updated to now have two instances – both Oct 1 and Oct 2. Essentially, this functionality is only applied to instances of events that are still in the feed. If an entire event is remove from the feed then Localist will not make any updates or deletions and the event will stay in the last-imported state unless manually modified.
- Don't Update Filters: If checked, Content Overrides will only be applied upon the event’s first import. This means that you can apply a general override to the entire feed then apply specific filters on an individual basis without the Content Override replacing the specific filters after the next import.
Apply Content Overrides (optional)These will be applied to every event in the feed.
Save ChangesUpon saving, the feed will initially import once. After the initial import, the feed will import once a day overnight. This time cannot be changed and updates will not be reflected in Localist until the nightly import. HEADS UP: Past events are not imported.
Important Feed Import Details
Feed Data Takes Precedent
1. Data imported by a feed into Localist will always take precedent over data that has been added or updated in the Localist event. Only the following 3 details can be locked and cut off from further updating:
- Event Place
2. All other details that are brought in via a feed must be changed at the feed source. If it is changed in any way in Localist then the changes will only stick until the next feed import, at which time it will revert back to the data in the feed.
- Exception: If a piece of data is not provided by the feed then any changes or additions in Localist will stick even after the next import. For example, if the feed only provides name/date/time/description/place then anything else, such as a tag or custom field, will remain as updated in Localist.
3. If fields in a feed match fields in Localist then the data must match exactly to what is saved in Localist. It is not possible to assign aliases or alternative spellings. For example, place names must match the place landing pages and filters must match the taxonomy on your platform in order to connect properly.
Deleting a Feed Event
1. Deleted in Localist: If an event has been imported to the calendar then deleted, it will reappear if it is sent back over through the feed. Since feed data takes precedent, if the event is present in the feed then it will be re-added to Localist.
- Exception: If an event is rejected from the pending queue then it will not re-appear. If the event is deleted while still in the pending queue then it will be re-imported into the queue.
2. Deleted at the feed source: If an event is removed from the feed source, the event in Localist will not be removed. This is because it is impossible for Localist to determine wether the event has been deleted/cancelled or if the event is just not present in the feed. In this case you will need to delete the instance in the feed and in Localist.