While Localist Client Success is able to assist with general questions, we are unable to provide technical support relating to custom API implementation or updating. This level of assistance is outside of scope and is not possible without custom development.
- Localist’s API is read-only and publicly accessible.
- Calls will pull 10 items per page by default, but can be increased to up to 100 per page (this is well-above industry standard).
- The maximum date range that the API call pull from is 370 days from today or the start date you specify.
- If a start date is not specified, then the API will default to only pulling event data from today.
Generating an API Token
- Navigate to the Admin Dash > Settings > Apps & Integrations
- On the righthand side of the page, click 'Add App'
- Fill out Name (this can be internal, like Localist Integration) and App Website (The URL where the data will be used or your main domain)
- Click Save Changes
- Click Manage Access Tokens in the top right corner
- +Create Access Token > Fill out details > Create Token
- You'll see the token on the resulting page, which you can pass along to the person who needs access to private data in the API
Is there a way for an event to appear in an API call, but does not appear on the public-facing calendar?
Yes, with a combination of event Permissions and API parameters. First, you'll flag your event's Permissions as Restricted: Widgets which will make your event only available in Widgets by default. Then, when building your API call, tack on the for=widget parameter.
Building an API Call
All API calls must start with http://your.custom.domain/api/2/
- Events: http://your.custom.domain/api/2/events
- Places: http://your.custom.domain/api/2/places
- Groups: http:/your.custom.domain/api/2/groups
- Departments: http:/your.custom.domain/api/2/departments
- This will pull 100 results per page so to access the next 100 you would change the 1 in page=1 to 2, etc.
- Start and End date: http://your.custom.domain/api/2/events?type=38570&pp=100&page=1& start=2014-10-01&end=2014-11-01
- Today + number of future days: http://your.custom.domain/api/2/events?days=90 (the maximum is 370 days).
Article is closed for comments.