Event Insights replaces our legacy event review system with a flexible survey that helps you understand how each event contributes to your community goals. Gain deeper insights from event attendees about the topic, format, and overall experience of your events to better inform your community event engagement strategy. We're excited to deliver you the ability to:
- Build a data-driven business case to calculate your Return-on-Events
- Identify which events are moving the needle on business outcomes you specify e.g. new community member recruitment, fostering connections, and much more
- Inform planning around new topics and event formats that will land with your audience
- A user selects I'm Interested and/or registers for an event via Localist Register.
- Within two hours of the event ending, the user will receive an email prompt to review the event.
- The user will have the option to select a 1-5 star rating, "I didn't go" or to skip directly to leaving a review
- After making their selection, the user will be taken to the event page where they will be prompted to provide additional feedback via a series of questions.
- Once submitted, the user's feedback will be shared anonymously and included in the event's Insight Report. Whether using Event Insights or our Legacy review feature, the same applies to both workflows: the email will be sent to Users who have
1) Marked themselves as "Interested" and/or have
2) Registered via Localist Register or their purchase/registration was imported via our Eventbrite or Zoom integrations.
That said, here is a breakdown of what's changing:
|Feature||Event Insights||Legacy Reviews|
|Send time||Within 2 hours of the event's end time||The day after the event was held|
|Email prompts||5 star rating, "I didn't go," "Leave a Review"||"Leave a Review"|
|On-page options||5 star rating, "maybe later" or "sure" for additional questions (see below for questions), open text feedback||Open text comments and assorted emoji reactions in the User Activity section|
|Event Insights report||✔||✘|
The Legacy workflow sent users to the event page where they could leave a public comment and note an emoji reaction. If this component is included in your event layouts, it will not be removed. Verified users will still be able to post public comments and Platform Admins will still be able to access this content via Users > User Activity. These comments and reactions will not be included in the Event Insight report.
Automatic Launch By default, this feature is turned on (Coming Soon: Tuesday, May 11, 2021). This change will be made for all future events already set to "Allow User Activity." If you are using our Emphasis theme, you don't have to do anything—you are all set. Early Adoption If you'd like to turn this feature on before 5/11/2021, a Platform Admin can navigate to Settings > Platform Settings > check off Event Insights: Per-Event Opt Out Event Admins can opt out of this functionality on a per-event basis by unchecking Request post event feedback from attendees: Platform-wide Opt Out After, 5/11/2021, if your organization would like to disable 1) the review prompt email and 2) the event survey, a Platform Admin can navigate to Settings > Platform Settings > uncheck Event Insights:
Event Insights is only available on platforms that are running on our Emphasis theme. If your platform is using our Legacy theme, there will be no change to your review workflow, email or feedback collection mechanisms on the event page. That said, you will not have access to the Event Insights report. Want access to the feature? Learn more about upgrading by emailing email@example.com!
If a user selects I'm Interested and/or registers for an event via Localist Register, they will receive the following email within 2 hours of an event concluding:
After selecting a star rating or Leave a Review, the user will be taken to the event page where they will be prompted to provide additional feedback:
If the user selects Sure! then the following questions will appear:
- How likely are you to attend another event in this community?
- Did you connect with someone at this event that you didn't know before?
- How likely are you to recommend events from this community to a friend or colleague?
- How informative was this event?
- Anything else you'd like us to know?
If a user selects Maybe later then the event page will display this prompt immediately and any future time the user navigates back to the event page:
The on-page survey was designed to adapt and match the existing styles of your platform, such as font family/sizing/color. To preview how your survey will display out of the box, a Platform Admin can navigate to Settings > Platform Settings > select View a sample survey:
Need help adjusting how your on-page survey is displaying? We're here to help! You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To make changes to the on-page styles before (or after) Event Insights is launched, a Platform Admin can add custom CSS by navigating to Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance > Edit Settings for the active theme > Custom CSS.
Feedback submissions and data will be available on a per-event basis by navigating to an event's edit page then selecting Metrics > Insights:
- Overall Rating: average number of stars selected by attendees.
- Attendees: the number of community members with confirmed attendance. This attendance can be confirmed by scanning a Localist Register ticket, self-reporting via the email survey or their attendance was imported via our Eventbrite or Zoom integrations.
- Attendance Rate: (# of registrants / # of those who attended)*100. In this equation, "registrant" = those who selected "I'm Interested," registering via Localist Register or purchase/registration was imported via our Eventbrite or Zoom integrations.
- Connections Made: the number of respondents who replied "yes" to the question, "did you connect with someone at this event that you didn't know before?"
Growth and Retention
- Growth: # of "Detractors" - # of "Promoters" = Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Retention: the average answer to the question, "how likely are you to attend another event in this community?"
This section pulls together a 1-10 rating for each event goal: Growth, Connection, Retention, Information COMING SOON: We are developing community level reports that will enable you to not only see the average of the event, but also the community average for comparison. For example, for an individual event you'd see that it scored a "7" for growth (purple) then the average growth score is "9.
If a user adds a response to the open text, "anything else you'd like us to know?," question, it will be logged in this section:
Please sign in to leave a comment.