Localist Admin Training Syllabus
This resource provides the calendar team with a starting point for kicking off your own training with new Admins. It includes a suggested path for training, talking points, brainstorming prompts, and relevant resources to help your Admins become Localist pros!
Before training starts, have your Admins create accounts so they can best follow along:
- Provide them with a clear path for account creation and outline their login options: Visit the homepage for your platform and click Sign Up. All that's required is a Name, Email Address, and Password. This will create a standard user account. A Platform Admin can escalate their permissions once the account is created.
- A Platform Admin can manually create their accounts, then escalate Permissions all at once.
Identify your community’s “what” and “why” for choosing Localist as a calendar solution. This helps establish trust, and allows you to share goals with your team. Use the FAQ below as a starting point for introducing Localist to your new Admins:
What is Localist?
Localist is a SaaS company and our platform is a community events calendar. Our vision is to help connect communities through their events. Our tools balance the needs of the event manager with the ideal audience experience. Organizations turn to Localist when they want to optimize the power and reach of their events. Localist offers the efficiency of a centralized marketing calendar, the power of social sharing tools, and the intelligence of analytics to optimize event marketing performance.
Why did our organization switch to Localist as a calendar solution?
Popular reasons across the Localist customer-base include Centralization, Event Discoverability, and Calendar Adoption.
Here are a few prompts to keep in mind when addressing why your community made the switch:
- What roadblocks were being hit with the previous solution that Localist helps solve?
- What was the turning point that make the calendar team determine a new solution was the answer?
- What major efforts are coming up that will benefit from using Localist? (i.e. upcoming large events, event series, organizational needs that must be met, etc.)
What goals will Localist help our community reach?
Popular goals from the Localist customer-base include:
- Empowering internal organizations to “own” their events (ex. Departments, Stakeholders, Partners, etc.)
- One-stop shop for all event-related tasks
- Brand consistency
- Metric Tracking
Prompts to keep in mind for addressing your goals:
- What goals were top of mind during your onboarding process? Are they still relevant now?
- What ongoing or long-term goals come to mind?
- Is there a reason for adding new Admins? Are they part of a larger goal or initiative?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
Basic Training Resources
Have your new Admins bookmark the following general training resources provided by Localist:
- Concept3D Help Center: Full documentation for every feature Localist has to offer. These articles include step by step how-to’s as well as FAQs.
- Glossary: Localist terms defined. Includes links to correlating features.
- Check out the following entries that include tips, tricks, how-to’s, and more!
Permissions-Based Resources & Tasks
If you’re not sure which Permission to assign, or you’d like to learn more about what each Permission can accomplish, check out our Permissions documentation to determine which will get the job done.
When adding a new Admin in Localist, you’ll need to set them up with the desired Permissions. Below are resources to for your Admins to bookmark based on their assigned Permission, as well as tasks, complete with paths, they can complete with their assignments.