October 8 : Map Release
Update Attributions Popup
- Our Interactive Maps take advantage of our own Tile Server in addition to Mapbox, Google, and OpenStreetMap for base map tiles. We’ve updated our attributions popup to accommodate these updates and display all attributes correctly in the popup.
The attributions popup contains any and all needed attributions for Mapbox, Google, and OpenStreetMap.
October 21-26 : Map Release
Reorganized CMS Edit Category Screen
- The following settings have been reorganized in the CMS while editing a category: Visible, Private, Schedule, Category View, and Marker Zoom. This is the new order of the settings, which places related settings next to each other.
Related settings are now next to each other while editing Category settings in the CMS.
Support for Feed Locations in Static Maps
- You can now generate Static Maps from locations generated by Feeds. Feed locations follow the same process as any other locations used in Static Maps.
Ability to Use Custom Fonts
- You can now use a custom font in your Interactive Map! Upload or link via URL a font file in the CMS under the new Default Font setting in the Front End Styles tab. Note: only TTF, OTF, WOFF, and WOFF2 fonts are supported. Once uploaded, this will apply to all default text and the custom style settings set to use the default font.
The new font setting is available under Front End Styles in the CMS.
Ability to Toggle Different Rendering Layers in 360° Maps Builder
- Our Production team uses different renderings at different times during the implementation process for a client, especially for 360° Maps. Now, they have the ability to toggle different layers on while placing 3D Models in 360º Map Builder. This should shorten implementation time and help ensure accurate placements of locations.
The Map Layers button has been repurposed and now brings up a new popup with layer options.
New 360° Maps Setting: Dynamic Loading
- 360° Maps now have a new Dynamic Loading setting that admins can toggle on or off. When on, many 3D Models will progressively load into the map, increasing the responsiveness and performance of the Interactive map. When off, a few 3D Models will load quickly into the map, reducing the time to interaction and improving the overall user experience.
The new Dynamic Loading setting lives under Map Settings in 360° Maps Builder.
November 24 : Map Release
Ability to Add Slate Tracking Script
- You can now add a single, custom script into Interactive Maps that will render when your map loads! If you use tracking scripts such as those from Slate in your map, please work with your Client Success Manager to have your script added to your map
Performance Updates for Polygons
- We’ve made some backend changes to how we process and render shape data, and maps that take advantage of lots of polygons and their many uses should see at least a 2x performance boost to their load times. Maps need to be on the C3DGL map type to take advantage of these updates.
December 13 : Map Release
Passio Transit Feed Updates
- Our backend services have been updated to both solve for issues while also syncing feed data more accurately and quickly.
Enable Map Timer for All Maps
- Map Timer is a base feature for all Interactive Map clients, but it still needed to be enabled for each map. Going forward, this setting has been enabled for any maps that didn’t have the feature.
Clean Up Location Settings for Map Tours
- We have removed all unnecessary features and settings when you create new locations in Map Tours. The new “Location Open” feature was created for non-tour locations, and settings such as List Position, Private, and Visible don’t have uses in Map Tours.
These settings have been removed from locations in Map Tours.
Ability to Customize Upload Data Button in CMS
We’ve added the ability to customize the target URL of the “Upload Data” button in the CMS. You can now upload your client data directly to our Production team once this customization is set up by your Client Success Manager.
Checks Default to Black for CMS Checkboxes
Various Feed Updates
Various Bug Fixes
Article is closed for comments.