July 16, 2019:
Removal of Dropdown as a Menu Option
- Description: Dropdown was removed as a menu option type for both mobile and desktop. This setting was removed from the Options tab and all map sidebar menus are now drilldown. This change was implemented to give the best user experience for end users. The CMS will continue to function as dropdown for easier content management and control.
Various Bug Fixes
Frontend Design Updates
August 6, 2019:
New sidebar display toggle tab on desktop
- Description: The toggle to hide/show the sidebar on desktop has been updated to a new design.
Support 1.0 Marker ID parameter (mrkid) on 2.0 maps
- Description: In our platform, we share something called a "marker instance ID" or "location id" - this is what is used in the URLs when you see "m/" or "mrkIid=". We use this ID because locations can be associated with more than one category in the CMS. That marker instance ID tells us which category that location is assigned to and therefore, which icon to display.
- Description: Screen Reader users previously were able to copy a link via the Get This View share button in the top bar, but they wouldn’t know if the link had been copied or not. Now, they receive a status update when they press the button and the link is copied to their clipboard. This update can be understood by a screen reader.
Updated Drilldown Style / Animation
- Description: A couple things were updated. After drilling down into a category there is a very clear category name and icon at the top so the user can understand where they are. Also, the animation itself was updated to be more intuitive.
August 12, 2019:
Text Only Map Improvements:
Display List Type “None” in Text Only Maps
Description: List Type “None” categories often times have important information that all users should be able to access on the Text Only Map.
Check for Scheduled Content
Description: Items that were not displaying on the interactive map due to being scheduled still displayed on the text-only map. This has been resolved.
Text Only Map page titles change based on page content
Description: Previously, Text Only Maps would display the client’s name as the page title. To be more accessible, the page titles now change based on the current content the user is on while in Text Only Map.
Feed Embed section added to Bulk Upload template
Description: Both the Importer and the Bulk Upload template now have sections for Feed Embed URLs and Refresh Rates.
Remove personal information from Forms’ automated email
Description: Sending end-users’ information that we gathered through Forms in an email isn’t a security best practice. We now only alert the end-users and administrators that a new submission has been made and received and ask them to log in to view the personal information.
Newly created locations automatically default to current zoom level
Description: Previously, when a new location was created, the new location would default to the default floor, such as floor 0. Now newly created locations default to the current floor of the CMS user.