A CNAME specifies an alias or nickname for a canonical name record in a domain name system (DNS). This can be used to create a custom URL that will be used for your map instance versus using the map.concept3d.com URL.
Why would you want a CNAME?
- Can create a custom name outside of the normal domains.
- If you do not have an SSL secure website, we can create an SSL certificate for you through Amazon.
- Your website is made in Drupal.
- If you do not want to share your SSL certificate - Concept3D has to host a certificate.
- There is no control over SEO.
Interested in setting up a CNAME for your map instance? Please contact your Client Success Manager to learn more.