Admins who can make changes to global platform settings such as adding Users, escalating Permissions, updating your platform’s branding, bulk-adding, and more.
- Platform Settings: Settings available on the global platform.
- Intro into Branding Tools: High-level outline of branding tools available. Includes links to resources to assist with the branding process.
- Permissions: Outlines all available Permissions in Localist.
- Bulk-Add: How to bulk-add events as well as a helpful outline of the CSV headers.
- Feeds: Importing and exporting feeds in Localist.
|Add/Edit Users||Adding a new Users or editing an existing User account.||Admin Dashboard > Users > +Add User OR select an existing User by clicking their name.|
|Permissions||Assigning Permissions to new and existing Users.||Admin Dashboard > Users > All Users > select a User’s name. On the resulting page, check the boxes in the Permissions section and Save Changes.|
|Bulk-Add||Bulk-Add Events, Places, Groups, and/or Departments.||Admin Dashboard > Events OR Places OR Groups OR Departments > Bulk-Add.
Download the CSV Template, populate, and upload.
|Feeds||Import CSV, ICS, or RSS event feeds into Localist.||Admin Dashboard > Events > Feeds > + Add Feed OR select an existing Feed to edit.|
|WYSIWYG & Custom CSS||Brand your platform by dropping your hex codes into the WYSIWYG, add fonts, or apply Custom CSS to active/inactive themes.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance tab > select Edit Settings for the desired theme.|
|Theme Editor||Edit your platform’s HTML by accessing Theme Editor files.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance tab > select Edit HTML for the desired theme.|
|Event Layouts||Set global event layouts for all event experiences.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance tab > select Edit Layout for the desired Default Event Layout.|
|Custom Domain & SSL||Add your platform’s Custom Domain or use the self-serve resources to update your SSL certificates.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Domain & Security tab.|
|Register||Apply global settings for Localist Register.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Register tab.|
|Apps & Integrations||Manage Social login options, add community social media URLs, add Google Analytics UA code, enable/disable Zoom integration.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Apps & Integrations.|
Who should be a Platform Admin: Project Leads, Key Stakeholders, IT personnel, members of your graphics or design team
Admins who are entrusted with adding events directly to the live platform, as well as moderating events in the Pending Queue.
- Event Submissions: Outlines all fields on the submission forms.
- Pending Queue: Actions that can be taken while moderating User-submitted events.
- Event Insights: How to collect insights from event attendees about topic, format, and overall experience during your events.
- 12 Things to Remember When adding Events: LocaList publication with general rules of thumb to keep in mind to ensure event submissions start out on the right foot.
|Publish Events||If Publish Event is checked, the Admin can add events directly to the platform and bypass the Pending Queue. If it is unchecked, the Admin can still access the Admin Event Form, but their event will go to Pending once saved.||Admin Dashboard > Events > +Add Event OR search for an existing event|
|Feature/Sponsor Event*||Flag an event as Featured or Sponsored.
*Note: Only Event Admins with the added Featured/Sponsored permission may complete this action.
|In the Admin Event Form scroll down to the Promotion section > check Sponsored and/or use the dropdown and select the desired Channel to Feature your event in the carousel.|
|Event Moderation||Approve, Reject, or Edit events via the Pending Queue.||Admin Dashboard > Events > Pending, then:
Who should be Event Admins: Anyone who you want to have access to the Admin Add Event Form, trust to add quality event content, or approve public event submissions in a timely manner.
Admins who create sub-calendars or “homepages” for subsets of events. These folks can control the layout of each Channel on your platform.
- Channels: How/when to use Channels, and an outline of each available Channel component.
- 9 Ways to Make Your Channel Engaging: LocaList publication with tips on how to engage the community through your Channels.
|Add Channels||Adding a new sub-calendar to your platform||Admin Dashboard > Content > Channels > +Add Channel|
|Channel Layout||Add, drag, and drop components to set the Channel or homepage layout.||Admin Dashboard > Content > Channels >Edit Layoutfor the desired Channel or homepage|
|Channel Settings||Adding cover photo, updating Channel name/URL, setting Visibility options, or applying Channel-specific CSS.||Admin Dashboard > Content > Channels >Edit Settingsfor desired Channel or homepage|
Who Should be a Channel Admin: Anyone who will be working on a Channel outside of the main calendar page.
Admins who can create dedicated landing pages (Groups and/or Departments) for the hosts of, or organizations affiliated with your events. You must be a Group Admin to manage both Groups AND Departments. There is no specific Department Admin permission.
- Groups & Departments: Benefits of, how to add, and the management of Group & Department Pages.
|Add/Edit Groups & Departments||Add a new Group and/or Department page on your platform, or edit an existing landing page.||Admin Dashboard > Classifications > Groups OR Departments > + Add Group OR + Add Department|
Who should be a Group Admin: Anyone who will be adding, editing, or managing Groups AND Departments on the main calendar page.
Admins who can create email campaigns, and assign contacts via Localist’s in-house newsletter tool.
- Bulletin: Campaign form fields, adding contact lists, and managing the display.
- 8 Things You Need to Know About Bulletin: LocaList publication that outlines tips on how to use Bulletin to its fullest potential.
|Add/Edit Campaigns||Create a new Bulletin Campaign to send to a list of contact.||Admin Dashboard > Bulletin > Campaigns > + Add Campaign OR select an existing Campaign’s name|
|Campaign Content/Layout||Add content such as events or other components to your Bulletin Campaign.||Admin Dashboard > Bulletin > Campaigns > Select an existing Campaign’s name > select Edit Content & Layout at the top of the resulting page|
|Contact Lists||Add or edit Bulletin Contact lists to assign to Campaigns.||Navigate to Admin Dashboard > Bulletin > Contact Lists > +Add Contact List OR select an existing Contact List’s name|
Who should be a Bulletin Admin: Anyone who will be creating, managing, or sending Bulletin Newsletter campaigns.