7 New Features You Won't Want to Miss
Check out the latest Localist updates below!
1. Event Status
A new Status setting that marks an event as Canceled, Postponed, or Sold Out. Taking this approach will ensure that your audience is aware of changes in lieu of being left unable to find events on the platform. You can accomplish this by navigating to an event in the Admin Dash > in the Event Details section you can select one of the statuses in the Status drop-down.
2. Event Promotion
This Promotion tool allows you to share information about your events on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and email. Posts can be published immediately or scheduled ahead of time to keep your community engaged in your events. You can find this tool by navigating to an event in the Admin Dash > in the right sidebar you'll see an Promotion section, which is where you'll schedule your social media posts.
3. Virtual Events
A new “Experience” setting on events that marks an event as Virtual or In-Person. Virtual events will have a different landing page layout, focusing your audience’s attention on registration, dial-in instructions, or live stream information. You can apply Virtual details by navigating to an event in the Admin Dash > scroll to the Location section of the form. Here you can select Virtual under the Experience drop-down.
4. SSL Set-Up/Update
SSL is now self-serve right in the Admin Dashboard! You can now request a CSR, upload your certificate and secure your Localist platform in one convenient location. If you are designated as your platform’s Main Contact, you will receive a notification 30 days prior to the certificate’s expiration. Then once you’re ready to update SSL, you’ll just have to follow the steps outlined in our documentation!
5. Past Events Widget
You can now have a rolling past events Widget—i.e. “the last 30 days”. For example, once you’ve generated your Widget URL you can replace the days parameter with &days=-30 to indicate that the Widget should pull events from the previous 30 days.
6. Trending Events Widget
Another new addition to Widgets is the ability to sort by Trending—i.e. the most popular events on your platform! Once you’ve generated your Widget URL, you can add &sort=ranking to indicate that the Widget should sort events by the Trending algorithm.
7. Moderating Spam Comments and Reviews
Localist offers a few moderation levels to help combat spam (you can find these options in the Admin Dash > Settings > Platform Settings > on the Settings page, they will be listed in the User Moderation drop-down):
- Send any posts that contain links to the moderation queue → This is the default setting. Anytime a user posts a comment/review with a link or HTML, it will go to the moderation queue for approval.
- Send all first posts to the moderation queue → When a user posts a comment/review for the first time, it will go to the moderation queue for approval. Once the post has been approved, all future posts from this user will automatically be published.
- Send all posts to the moderation queue → All comments and reviews will go to the moderation queue for approval.
- Automatically approve all posts → All comments and reviews will automatically be approved/published to the calendar.
That said, you can moderate comments and reviews in the Admin Dash by navigating to Users > User Activity.