Legacy: SILK Wrapper
The SILK Wrapper should not be used with Emphasis platforms. If you adopted Localist after October 2019 or have since upgraded to Emphasis, you should be using the Theme Editor and following our Brand Template instructions.
Template Clean Up Steps
Start by identifying the wrapper source you would like to use then follow these steps:
- Remove body content
- All content specific to the page (body) should be removed, so only the head, header and footer remain.
- Remove title tags - These are automatically added by Localist.
- Remove jQuery references - This is automatically added by Localist.
- Remove Google Analytics reference
- This is added by Localist when you specify your UA number in Global options.
- Make all URLs absolute
If your wrapper does not support responsive design, you must uncheck Responsive Design in Global Options.
- Non-absolute URLs: /external/wcpages/styles/styles.css
- Absolute URLs: https://yourdomain.com/external/wcpages/styles/styles.css
Adding Wrapper Comments
When adding comments to your wrapper file, you must adhere to the following requirements:
- Comments must be on their own line.
- Comments must use double dashes and not emdashes.
- Comment names (head_tags) must remain lower case.
Directly after the opening <head>
Directly before the closing </head>
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - PLACEHOLDER localist_styles -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - PLACEHOLDER localist_js -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - END head_tags -->
Directly after the opening <body>
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - START before_grid --> ...any code related to your page's header should start after this.
Directly after the final bit of header code:
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - END before_grid -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - START body -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - PLACEHOLDER user_menu -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - PLACEHOLDER search_bar -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - PLACEHOLDER top_bar -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - PLACEHOLDER content -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - END body -->
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - START after_grid -->
</div> ...any code related to your page's footer should start after this.
Directly before the closing </body>
<!-- LOCALIST COMMENT - END after_grid -->
Configuring a SILK Wrapper in Localist
- Start by logging into your Admin Dashboard
- Navigate to Settings > Appearance
- Add your wrapper URL to the SILK Wrapper URL field
The URL must be publicly accessible.
- Save Changes
- Once you select Save Changes a "Refresh Wrapper" link will appear under the wrapper field.
- Select the "Refresh Wrapper" link to officially import your new branding. Localist will refresh your wrapper once every 24 hours automatically, but if you need to force an update in the future this link will do the trick.
- HEADS UP -
Here are some helpful troubleshooting tips to try before you reach out to the support team!