Get this view is a feature that captures the current view on the screen and generates a URL to share that specific view. It captures zoom level, markers and categories displayed, and the map center.
Everything that can be seen in that view of the map should display when the URL is shared unless:
It is marked as “Visible - Hidden” in the CMS
Map Timer is set to hide the location or category during that time frame
To "Get This View" follow the below steps:
1. Log into the CMS.
2. Adjust the sidebar so the various categories and locations you want displayed are checked on/off.
3. Position the map with center view and zoom.
4. In the upper right hand corner of the CMS, locate the blue 'Get This View' button.
5. A bar will slide out with a URL, copy link button and an embed map button.
6. The copy link button allows you to grab the URL without selecting it manually. This link, if shared, will pull up the exact map view.
7. The embed map button will pull up a new sidebar that gives you access to several items:
a. The Embed Code: This code allows you to embed that specific view into a website. (ex. Game Day Locations, Commencement Categories, Events)
b. The Link Code: This code allows you to create an external link to your map with a custom title.
c. The Options Bar: These hash options will modify the embed and link codes to include or hide functionality.