1. Once logged into the Content Management System (CMS), select the "New Map Tour" button located on the left hand side bar.
2. Next, update the settings for this tour.
A few notable settings:
- Tour Path/Line will display a walking path of your tour. You can manipulate this to follow specific sidewalks.
- Numbered Tour Marker shows a user which stop they are on.
- Private allows you to keep your tour hidden from front end users, and share the tour with a specific URL.
- Visible If set to 'no' a front end user will not be able to access the tour.
- Schedule allows you to set a date and time when the tour will be available. This is the MapTimer feature, available in the Advanced Map Package.
3. Add in a thumbnail image, title of your tour and brief description.
4. To create stops along your tour, you can choose existing pins on the map, or create new ones. To select existing locations, simply click on the corresponding location marker, and your tour stops will be created. If needed, you can re-arrange the stops by dragging and dropping.
To create a new tour stop that is not otherwise on the map, select the “new stop” button. For a new stop, you will need to create a title, enter a description, and include any supporting media.
To place the location marker on the map, click the marker icon and then click the point on the map where the marker should go. Do not drag and drop. Once on the map, you can move the marker around as needed. You can also use the polygon or other shape tools.
This tour stop will only be on the existing tour you are creating, and will not be available on the map otherwise.
5. Save and publish your changes!
Follow Along Videos: