Top Bar Menus are a great way to make specific map views or links quickly available to users. Common items that are added to the top bar include:
- Quick links to specific areas of the map (what we call "Map Views")
- Direct links to your website or social media sites
- Direct links to a place for end users to provide feedback
Creating a Top Bar Menu Item
1. Access your map's account page. From that page, select the "2.0 Map Views" tab.
2. Choose to add a menu item (a single button or link on the top bar) or a menu group (a grouping of multiple map view items into a single drop down).
3. When added a new menu item, include necessary information.
Possible fields include:
- Name: The title you want the menu item to display as
- Align: Choose in the menu item should be on the left or right (if this menu item is going in a group, it will not apply)
- Group: Select the group you want the item to display under. This is only an option if a group has been created
- URL: Enter the link you want the button to take you to. Only enter a link if you want the end result of selecting the button to be new webpage opening.
- Latitude / Longitude / Zoom: While these are three separate fields, if one is entered, they all need to be entered. These values can be found by using the Get This View feature. Find the view you want to direct users to on your map in the CMS, and select "Get This View"
- Style Type: There are 3 style type options: Primary Button, Secondary Button and Basic Link. The colors for these buttons/links are set globally for all buttons and links in the 2.0 Styles tab in the CMS, but the style type is set here.
To link out to an external site, the following fields are required:
- Style Type
If you want to add a quick link to a specific area of your map, the following fields are required:
- Style Tab
4. Submit and save your content.