Locations are the specific points on the map filled with content tied to a category. Below are a few tips and tricks for how to get the most out of the location tool and solid content in your map.
Type of content you can have within an individual location:
- Still Images (.jpg & recommended size 1920x1080, 72 dpi)
- Panoramic Images
- YouTube or Vimeo Videos
- Text Description
1. Put more than one media item in the location and a slideshow of pictures and videos to swipe through is created. If you have 360 panoramas on your map, associate those with the individual locations.
2. Keep the Share button turned on for your locations to give users the ability to easily share a link to their location with others.
3. In the description, add useful information such as an overview of the building, local transportation stops, building codes, and numbers; link out to other supporting sites.
4. Locations aren't limited to your 3D renderings, feel free to drop location pins anywhere in the city, state, or throughout the world! This can be used to highlight things such as local attractions, outdoor recreation, and global partners.
Example: University of Colorado Boulder has marked surrounding ski resorts, trails, and other outdoor activities for their users.
Looking for a creative brainstorming session? Contact your Client Success Manager for help on how to include other content within your locations!