There are a couple of different ways to create photospheres within your map. You can contract us to shoot, process and place the images on your map, or you can capture the 360 images on your own and we can upload them to the map for you.
If you would like to have Concept3D provide the entire solution, we use a national photography network to find a local photographer who is certified in the Google Businessview/Streetview Panoramic Process and have them capture the images. All you need to do is provide the locations (interior and exterior) where you would like the photos taken. If scheduling a photoshoot with Concept3D, we recommend reading this article to help prepare.
If you would like to explore capturing the images on your own, below is information provided by Google Maps, explaining the Google Businessview/Streetview Panoramic Process and equipment.
- A spherical camera or a DSLR camera and stitching software (i.e. PTGui or Autopano)
- A fisheye lens
- Canon 8-15mm f/4L fisheye lens (Canon mount only)
- Sigma 8mm f/3.5 EX DG fisheye lens
- A panoramic head
- Canon or Sigma lens
- Nodal Ninja Ultimate R10 with compact 90° rotator
- Sigma lens only
- Acratech Spherical Panoramic Head
- Tom Shot 360
- A tripod with ball head
- A remote switch like RS-60E3, RS-80N3, MC-30, or MD-DC2
- At least 5 8-GB SD or CF cards
When using a DSLR camera, your finished photospheres must:
- Be composed of HDR images with a bracketing of at least 2 F-stops, captured using the camera settings (e.g., white balance, ISO, etc.) outlined below.
- Have a resolution between 8,000 x 4,000 and 13,312 x 6,656 pixels.
- Have a 2:1 aspect ratio.Tip: Review your camera’s manual for model-specific settings instructions.
- Shooting Mode: Set to Aperture Priority Mode.
- ISO Speed: Set ISO Speed to 400.
- Auto Exposure Bracketing: Set the camera to take a three-shot sequence with ±2EV bracketing. This will be used during the image-stitching process to create HDR photo spheres.
- Aperture: Set the Aperture to F8.0.
- Other Settings:
- White Balance: AWB or Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Drive Mode: Single shooting or Continuous shooting
- Image-recording Quality: L (Large/Fine)
- Picture Style: Standard
- Color Space: sRGB
In order for the images to be compatible within the map, they MUST be sized to 8192x4096. After the images are in the correct size, concept3D will add them to the map.
If you are interested in adding photospheres to your map, contact us today for more information!